From fully managed solutions to outsourcing specific IT tasks, iionIT Network Solutions Inc. offers a wide range of IT services to handle all aspects of technology for small and medium businesses in the Ottawa and surrounding areas. With a strong focus on best practices; backups & availability; network security, monitoring, auditing, maintenance and more, iionIT Network Solutions Inc. provides the highest quality network solutions to all of our valued clients.
To continue on this path we are committed to hiring only the best employees.
While our ideal employee will have relevant IT experience, an important objective is to find the right person based on attitude, personality, drive and mindset. Any gaps in knowledge can be trained with the right person onboard! We are looking for a self-motivated Technician with a passion for IT, who not only has the ability to troubleshoot and solve IT problems, but who is also a passionate go-getter who is motivated to learn new technologies and solutions
At iionIT Network Solutions Inc. we value team-work and believe in getting the job done right the first time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help answer trouble calls/emails,
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention,
- Prioritize tasks to available resources and adhere to Service Level Agreements,
- Provide answers to clients by identifying problems, researching and evaluating solutions, resolving issues, and when required guiding users through the fix,
- Resolve problems by working with vendors when required,
- Complete IT support calls in a timely, efficient and courteous manner,
- Deploy and/or upgrade desktop or notebook computers efficiently in office environments,
- Assist with basic troubleshooting, backups, and archiving,
- Provide troubleshooting for network devices including printers, access points, firewalls, phones, etc.,
- Analyze system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems,
- Management and development of a network monitoring/alerting tool,
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes,
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.,
- Assist in on-going projects and business development,
- Attention to detail in documenting all actions taken,
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to the Senior Network Administrator on potential client issues.
- Experience working with multiple Windows OS’s; Windows 7, 8, and 10,
- Experience working with Microsoft Office 2007-2016,
- Knowledge of hardware installation and configuration
- Experience with Microsoft Server 2008 – 2012 R2, Exchange 2007 – 2016, and Office 365,
- Active Directory and Group Policy,
- Experience working in a VM environment (preferably VMWare),
- Strong networking fundamentals, knowledge of networking principles, network design, and implementation,
- Familiarity with fundamental network protocols (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, LAN and WAN design, etc),
- Familiarity with VPN implementations,
- Familiarity with Fortigate Firewalls and routing technologies,
- Network engineering (e.g. network monitoring and security),
- SQL Server 2008 – > 2014,
- Windows batch files,
- VLANs and subnetting,
- Routing and network segmentation,
- Familiarity with Android/iOS phones,
Non-Technical Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written, as well as on the telephone (communicates professionally, accurately and effectively),
- Ability to understand and respond to user questions in an effective and courteous manner,
- Works well with others, responds quickly and well to direction,
- Self-motivated, and Self-starter, learns quickly,
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, plan and manage time,
- Excellent organizational skills, and multi-tasking,
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills under various sorts of constraints and stress,
- Able to complete tasks quickly without regularly involving/requiring external intervention,
- Adaptable to new and changing technology and capable of training users,
- Show consistency among principles, values, and behaviour; builds trust with others through authenticity and follow-through on commitments,
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner and represent iionIT Network Solutions Inc. in a manner that is “a step above” our competition,
- Available to work flexible hours, occasionally outside regular business hours ,
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle are required. This position will require regular travel within Ottawa and surrounding areas.
- College or University Diploma in Computer related study preferred.
Anticipated Start Date:
- Spring/Summer 2017
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, we want to hear from you!
Please email over your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. No phone calls please.